Home Remedies For Your Kidney Stones
Contrary to what most people think, kidney stones can be treated, prevented, and cured. What most people are unaware is that one need not rely on the meds too much, if in case you have one (or quite a few). There’s home treatment for kidney stones available and, with a little research, one might find that the very thing that can save you from the inevitable pain has been there in your cupboard all along.
The following are remedies that might save you from having surgeries because of these unwanted stones. Note that each home treatment for kidney stones should be taken and/or done with proper guidance from doctors, especially if you are suffering from any medical condition aside from the aforementioned.
- Drink a lot of fluids – Any person suffering from kidney stones should add more quarts to their water intake. It is advisable to drink at least two glasses every two hours or at least three liters of water a day. However, if you have a kidney, liver or heart disease, it is best to talk with your doctor first, especially if you are on fluid restrictions. Avoid drinking grapefruit juice as well, as it may increase your risk of developing kidney stones.
- Kidney Beans – Kidney beans are known to be very effective for removing kidney stones. What they do is slowly boil the kidney for six hours. The liquid should then be strained and cooled off for eight hours without stirring. Every patient suffering from kidney stones should then be given this decoction every two hours and should be taken at least three days per week.
- Basil - Basil, like kidney beans, is also an effective remedy for kidney stones. Just add honey in a teaspoon of basil juice and take the concoction daily for six months. It has been known to expel stones from the urinary tract thru this treatment.
- Celery – Regular intake of celery can lower and even prevent stones from forming.
- Apple – Apple is also effective in treating kidney stones. Indeed, an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
- Grapes – this fruit has an impressive diuretic value due to its high content of potassium salt and water. It also has low sodium chloride and albumin content which makes is an excellent remedy for unwanted kidney stones.
- Watermelon – Amongst all fruits, the watermelon is known to have the highest water content. It is the safest among all the other diuretics and is found to have very beneficial results in treating stones in the kidney. The much needed potassium salt can also be found in high contents in watermelon.
- Pomegranate – The seed of this fruit is beneficial and is a good home treatment for kidney stones. The seeds should be grounded to fine a paste and dissolved with a cup of horse gram soup. Two tablespoons of horse gram and a tablespoon of grounded pomegranate seeds should be taken to stop the formation of kidney stones.
Although these remedies are beneficial, it is still best to consult your physician first, so you will be advised which home treatment for kidney stones may be good (or bad) for your health. #
Click Here For Help To Cure Your Kidney Stones